MAS (Manufacturing Advisory Service) is funded by BIS (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills). They provide manufacturing business support for companies based in England, helping them to improve and grow. MAS support is designed to help you streamline your processes, reduce waste, become more energy efficient and generally improve and grow your business.
Through MAS existing and potential Kavia customers have/could access a grant* for the following projects but most common is funds towards UK injection mould tooling:
- Lean, 5S, continuous improvement
- Getting systems in place for ISO 9001, 14001 and other industry standards
- Patent search activities
- IPR strategy
- Bespoke staff training as part of addressing a wider business strategy
- Sales and marketing strategy
- Consultancy to improve product design
- Design for manufacture and assembly
- Product development consultancy
- Rapid prototyping to support advanced manufacturing
- Material selection
- Subcontract cad design and drafting
- Tooling costs
* Restrictions apply, all projects subject to MAS approval.
At Kavia Moulded Products we think MAS is great resource for our start-up and established customers and have done a number of successful projects now so get in touch with them and see how they can help you.
A very common topic is reshoring your injection moulding manufacturing back to UK, MAS can offer you independent advice/consultancy as well as great series of events relating to the bulleted points above.